INNER CAPACITIES & THINGS TO CONCIDER
You believe that the SPT method could benefit your team, hub, organization, network, project or something else. The problem is just that you don’t feel comfortable facilitating it yet or find it difficult to bring it out into your context in a good way. Then this course is for you, as it will help you to take the next steps!
There are some specific challenges to facilitate an embodied awareness-based practice such as SPT. It is not enough to know the method and give the instructions step by step. You need to be able to embody the practice and to create a safe space, so that people will be wiling to follow you into unknown territory. You need to know what practice to use to achieve different things and how to frame it so that it fits within your specific context.
Every time you facilitate SPT it will be unique, but there is some general consideration that can help you on the way—that is what we want to explore during this course. The course will focus on:
- SPT practice, to improve your skills and knowledge about SPT.
- Exploring the inner capacities of a SPT facilitator, some things you can develop during the course other capacities might need more practice.
- How you can integrate your knowledge and skills from other areas.
- The use of different SPT methods and when to use which method.
- The framing of the practices. Important points of framing and what to consider when introducing the SPT practice to beginners.
- How to go from SPT insights to action that makes a positive impact.
- How to take the next steps with your case or key challenges.
We will adjust the course to the needs and challenges of the participants.
Application for the course
The course is for people with prior exposure to SPT, if you didn’t try it yet—consider joining our “Embodied leadership” program in November 2019 in Malmö, Sweden. That will give you the basic understanding of SPT.
If you want to join the course, please write us a short email, stating your previous experience with SPT, your aspirations or what motivates you to join the program and finally a bit about your context and your SPT challenges. Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org